DRN maintains strict controls over the location intelligence we gather. We abide by all regulatory guidelines to ensure the security of our data. This includes adherence to the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), ongoing alerts to ensure system security and availability, 24-hour data center security, and access audits to prevent unauthorized data access.
Digital Recognition Network (DRN) respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. You can visit our website without disclosing any personal information about yourself.
However, DRN’s website offers certain services that may require you to share certain personal information about yourself. If you choose to provide such personally-identifying information, DRN will not sell or otherwise transfer such information to unaffiliated third parties without your approval. DRN will keep such information in confidence and not disclose, sell, or transfer such sensitive information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent.
When accessing our site, DRN will learn certain basic information about you during your visit. If you visit our site to read or download information on our pages, we collect and store only the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- The date and time you access our site; and
- The Internet address of the website you used to link directly to our site.
If you identify yourself by sending us an e-mail containing personal information, then the information collected will be solely used to respond to your message. The information collected is for statistical purposes. DRN uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, DRN uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Our website contains links to other sites operated by unrelated third parties. Please note that DRN is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites.
Privacy Disclosures for California Residents
This section applies to you if you are a resident of the state of California and provides additional information about how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information of individual residents of the state of California within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It does not include information that is made publicly available from government records, that is deidentified or aggregated such that it is not capable of being associated with you, or that is otherwise excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
This section also does not apply to information relating to our employees, contractors, applicants and other personnel. In addition, we often act as a “service provider,” as defined in the CCPA, processing personal information on behalf of our customers, and this section does not apply to the personal information processing we perform as a service provider.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as full name, alias, account name and password, customer number, driver’s license number, social security number or equivalent national identification number, IP address and other unique personal identifiers;
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and payment card information;
- Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age;
- Commercial Information, such as product or service interests and orders, credit information (if you purchased a product or other device requiring service) and investment information (if you are an investor in Motorola Solutions)
- Internet/Network Information, such as log file data (including IP address, browser type) and clickstream data (including your usage and activity on our web sites and online services);
- Geolocation Data, such as your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our services through a mobile device or using our services with geolocation capabilities;
- Sensory Information, such as audio recordings, photographs and video footage you choose to provide, or we otherwise record as permitted by law;
- Professional/Employment Information, such as job title, company and industry;
- Other Personal Information, such as your entries to sweepstakes, contests and promotions, your comments on our forums, wikis, blogs, social computing tools or in response to surveys and any other inquiries, requests or comments you choose to send us;
- Inferences, such as deriving purchase recommendations from other personal information we have collected about you.
We collect this information directly from you, from your browser or device when you interact with our web sites and other online services, from third parties including our service providers, business partners, channel partners, and from public third-party platforms such as social media websites, online databases or online directories. For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to the Personal Information Collected section of our Privacy Statement.
We collect personal information from and about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we use personal information to communicate with you; to facilitate, process and fulfill orders your place with us or the services you request; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions; to analyze and improve the use of our web sites and other online services; to deliver marketing communications and personalized and non-personalized advertising; and to facilitate our customer and investor relations operations. For more information about our use of personal information, please refer to the Use of Personal Information section of our Privacy Statement.
Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
We share personal information with third parties for business purposes or we may sell your personal information to third parties, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (please refer to the Your California Privacy Rights section below). The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include our subsidiaries and related companies, our service providers, business partners and channel partners, marketing and business strategy partners and providers, ad networks and advertising partners, analytics providers, sweepstakes and contest providers, order fulfillment and payment providers and certain third parties where you have provided consent or where we are required by law.
As is common practice among companies that operate online, we allow certain third-party providers to collect information about consumers directly through our web sites and other online services for purposes of analyzing and optimizing our services, delivering ads, providing content and ads that are more relevant, measuring statistics and the success of ad campaigns, and detecting and reporting fraud. To the extent this practice is interpreted to constitute a “sale” under the CCPA, please refer to the Submitting Requests section below regarding your right to opt-out.
For more information about how we share personal information, please refer to the Sharing of Personal Information section of our Privacy Statement.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to request to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- Right to Know: You have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you (if any) and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or, if applicable, selling personal information about you.
- The Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales: You have the right to direct us not to sell personal information we have collected about you to third parties. If you are under the age of 16, you have the right not to have your information sold, unless you, or your parent or guardian, affirmatively authorize such sales (the “Right to Opt-In”).
You also have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
[In addition, if you have an established customer relationship with us for personal, family or household purposes, you may also have the right under California’s “Shine the Light” law to request:
- A list of the categories of certain personal information that we have disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and
- The names and addresses of all such third parties.
To Exercise Your Right to Know, Right to Deletion or “Shine the Light” Right. To exercise your right to know, right to deletion or “Shine the Light” right, please submit a request specifying the right you wish to exercise by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request,” or
- Calling our toll-free U.S. phone number: 1-800-538-4427.
We may need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account (if applicable). We will only use personal information provided in connection with your request to review and process your request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To Exercise Your Right to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales. To initiate your request to opt out of personal information sales, please click the link below to email us at email@example.com with the subject line “California Sale Opt-Out” or call our toll-free U.S. phone number at 1-800-538-4427. To the extent our third-party advertising and analytics providers’ collection of information from users of our web sites and other online services constitutes a “sale” under the CCPA, please refer to the Cookies tab of our Privacy Statement for more information about the choices and opt-out options you have in relation to those practices.